This is the Volunteer Program of AGTR – La Casa de Panchita.
We are a small NGO that relies on volunteer work. All the great things we have achieved would not have been possible without your support.
Let’s do something NOW! It is the perfect program for volunteers who want to use their experiences, knowledge, and humanity to help girls and women employed in domestic work secure a better future.
Wherever you are from in the world, you can help us advocate for change.
These are the characteristics of our volunteer program:
The program is totally personalized, in that it is put together by the program coordinator in collaboration with you.
The relationship with the volunteer is completely horizontal.
Right now, due to COVID-19, the volunteer programs are taking place virtually.
Currently, you can perform various activities according to your skills and interests.
How can you help?
- Support in job training Informative talks that promote the integral health of women domestic workers.
- Specific workshops such as (English, computing, crafts, cooking, health care, etc.)
- Content from our social media networks
- Emotional Counseling
- Labor Counseling
- Legal Advice
- Getting involved in different projects according to your specialty or interest.
- Carrying out educational and recreational activities with girls in domestic child labor as well as with adult domestic workers.
- Proposing and conducting a study or video on domestic workers Making others aware of the issues by writing articles or by sending e-mails
- Translating our publications and disseminating them in your country
- Helping to locate potential volunteers and/or donors
- Promoting AGTR’s work at fairs and other events
- Donating clothes, school supplies, or vitamins you bring with you
- One’s own initiatives are also accepted
Why volunteer with us?
In Peru, half a million women are employed to clean, cook and care for children in private homes. Invisible to society, the vast majority work up to 75 hours a week without rest, and earn less than the minimum wage ($280).
To ensure that work in domestic service is carried out only by those who are of the legal age to do it, and that this work is performed with efficiency and respect for the rights of the worker.
We have received volunteer support from people independently and through institutions such as:
Inside Peru (Alemania – Perú)
Nexos Voluntarios (Perú)
France Volontaires (Francia)
Cross Cultural Solutions (Estados Unidos)
Just if (Estados Unidos)